If you don't know me but you've been following The Bar League CLE, you may have noticed that I haven't been posting much lately. I moved to the Washington DC area in December, so I no longer get to explore the bars of Cleveland very often!
The Bar League started in January of 2016 as a New Year's resolution of sorts. I knew I wanted to start a fun, creative project (this blog!) and I wanted an excuse to hang out with friends that didn't revolve around sports. I found myself tagging along to my friends' rec league volleyball and basketball games just so I could see them and perhaps grab a drink afterwards. So, I decided to start a league of my own that left out the sports and just went straight to the bar: The Bar League!
Throughout 2016 & 2017, I gathered friends and friends-of-friends every few weeks to check out a different bar around Cleveland. New friendships and relationships were formed through our happy hour excursions, and we got to meet some of "the regulars" at random watering holes around town. I am so thankful for the great memories I have made with my Bar League crew. When I am older and look back at my 20s, I know I'll happily remember that time I started "The Bar League."
Some favorite memories:
- Bar bowling with the regulars at the Red Rose Cafe
- Watching the Cavs while eating a ginormous $5 burger at Lakewood Village Tavern
- Discovering a hidden tropical paradise at Porco
- My interview with the team behind Sibling Revelry Brewery
- Crab racing
- Being popular at McGinty's, thanks to Bella
- The many new breweries in CLE, including Masthead & Noble Beast
- Our private tour of Market Garden's production facility
- Pizza & pups on the patio at Terrestrial Brewing
- Celebrating our final Bar League event at Thirsty Dog (and my least favorite memory: the hangover that followed... on moving day!)
Maybe The Bar League CLE will be resurrected someday, or I'll launch a DC Bar League. But for now, I am thankful for the memories and friendships that I've made on our adventures.
Cheers to whatever new adventures lie ahead!